This article covers the setup of the RealSimGear TBM900 switch panel. If you purchased the complete TBM package, those instructions can be found HERE.
The TBM switch panel set consists of three separate components:
- Upper panel - This simulates the overhead panel in the TBM
- Icing panel - This simulates the icing panel in the TBM
- LDG/ECS/Flap panel - This is a combo panel that contains landing gear mechanisms, the ECS switches, a flap switch and brake knob
The LDG/ECS/Flap portion contains the main controller for the three panels and is connected to the icing and upper panels via two separate ribbon cables. It is recommended that before connecting the units, you mount them in your panel as desired.
- After unpacking the three units, locate the two ribbon cables that are secured on the back side of the LDG/ECS/Flap box. Remove the retaining tie to free up the two ribbon cables.
- Route the larger of the two cables (40 pin) to the upper panel and insert the cable into the socket on the back of the upper panel. Please note, each cable plug as a notch in it, make sure the notch on the plug is aligned with the notch on the cable.
- Route the smaller of the two cables (10 pin) to the icing panel and insert the cable into the socket on the back of the icing panel. Please note, each cable plug as a notch in it, make sure the notch on the plug is aligned with the notch on the cable.
- Connect the supplied USB cable from the back of the LDG/ECS/Flap box to an available USB port on your PC.
Once assembled, you will need to install the X-Plane plugin, the TBM requires 188.8.131.52 or higher. During the installation process, simply choose "RealSimGear Other Hardware" as the product option.
Finally, configure the Hotstart TBM screens and custom CommandMapping.ini to utilize the new hardware.