Note: The RealSimGear GTN650/750 requires you purchase separately the Reality-XP GTN650/750 software ( for X-Plane). For MSFS: PMS50 GTN software and/or the TDS Sim GTN NXi. The RSG 650 or 750 will not function without one of these 3rd party software.
GTN650 or 750
12V 2 A Power Adapter with 5.5 MM barrel (center-positive)
USB A to B cable
Install 3rd party GTN software
• If you have not done so already, purchase, download, and install the Reality-XP GTN750, TDSSim, or PMS50 software (and/or aircraft with PMS50) for your flight sim of choice.
PMS50 for MSFS - PMS50 also requires the PopOut Panel Manager for touchscreen functionality inside MSFS. More information from this link..
Download and install the RealSimGear Plugin/Addon
Connect the cables (Both 750 and 650)
Connect an HDMI cable (supplied by the customer), and the USB A to B cable (included) between the GTN unit and your PC (any USB port 2.0 - 3.2 is compatible) along with the 12vDC power supply.
•• You will notice that the latest GTN units also provides a spare USB type A female port. This port is non-critical to the function of the unit and is provided as a spare USB port for convenience or daisy chaining of another simple USB device. This configuration replaces the dual USB connections from the older generation.
* The x1 USB A to B cable now provides both the touchscreen and the buttons/knobs functionality.
Configure the display
After making the necessary cable connections:
• Right-click a blank area of the desktop and choose "Display settings".
• Make sure the GTN750 display is set to "Portrait (Flipped)" mode and that the multiple displays are configured to "Extend these displays."
The GTN750 screen should now show the Windows desktop background.
• There should be no need to adjust the GTN650 screen orientation. It also uses the Windows (Recommended) resolution which is normally 1080p.
Configure the TouchScreen
• We need to tell Windows which display is associated with the touch screen(s).
Open the Windows Control Panel - you can use the Windows logo key to bring up the search bar - type "Control Panel" and then click to open.
• Select "Hardware and Sound"
• Select "Tablet PC Settings"
• Click the Setup button.
• The following screen will appear on your primary screen...
Follow the on-screen instructions. Press [Enter] when it asks you to.
• Touch the touchscreen that is asked to touch ("Touch this screen to identify it as touchscreen"). If it is not a touchscreen, press [Enter].
• The application should close when all attached monitors are accounted for.
Your touchscreen(s) are now ready to use.
• By default, the GTN750 will appear as COM/NAV1 and the GTN650 as COM/NAV2 in the connected devices window of the RealSimGear Plugin/Add-on. When you turn the knobs or press a button the ‘message’ and ‘command’ sections will change accordingly.
NOTE: If the GTN650/750 buttons and knobs are not working, please check to make sure the device shows up in the RealSimGear Plugin/Add-on Connected Device interface and that you have selected the correct GTN Device Type that matches how you have configured the Reality-XP, TDSSim or PMS50 GTN.
GTN 1 = Device Type COM1
GTN 2 = Device Type COM2
Move the GTN window to the RealSimGear GTN display, note you will need to ‘pop out’ the window first, this can be done using the Reality-XP plugin menu.
For more information on the Reality XP process for X-plane 11 click here for the GTN 650/750 X-Plane 11 Complete Install [Video] (Skip the setup and calibration portion)
For more information on usage with MSFS click here for the RSG GTN650/750 Setup with PMS50 and TDS GTNXi for MSFS guide.
If you have any questions please send us an email to email@example.com.