NOTE: The USB drivers contained in this installer are NOT compatible with MacOS Big Sur, therefore you must use MacOS Catalina or older for these to work.
RealSimGear now has an installer for MacOS that installs both the required USB drivers as well as the X-Plane 11 plugin. It will also remove the bezels from the G1000 or GNS products if chosen during the install.
A word on MacOS security. With MacOS Catalina, Apple has tightened their grip on what types of drivers can be installed and will be supported going forward. Because of that, when installing the RealSimGear driver, you will likely be presented with a warning screen such as this:
If this error is presented, you simply need to 'Open Security Preferences' and allow the RealSimGear Extension in the dialog.
On to the installation ...
1. Download the MacOS X-Plane 11 Installer. Typically the file is saved in your "Downloads" folder as "RealSimGear_XP-Plugin_Installer.app.zip".
2. Find the file downloaded in step 1, double click on the "RealSimGear_XP-Plugin_Installer.app.zip" file which will extract the "RealSimGear_XP-Plugin_Installer.app.
3. Double click on "RealSimGear_XP-Plugin_Installer.app" which will start the install.
4. You will likely be presented with a warning about an application downloaded from the Internet, you will need to choose "Open"
5. On the main page, choose "Next"
6. In the Install options, if you have one of the products shown, G1000, GNS430 or GNS530, choose those options. If you have any other products, you can leave those unchecked (this is just to determine whether to copy the bezel files for these products or not).
7. The next screen "should" auto-populate the location of your X-Plane 11 folder, but if this is incorrect, choose "Browse" and find your base X-Plane 11 folder. Choose "Install" button.
8. The USB driver installer will start, simply choose "Continue" and then "Install" (Do not change the Install location here).
You will be prompted to enter your Mac username and password for this.
9. The USB install may take a bit of time, please be patient, eventually you will get the Success screen. Hit Close button.
9. The final "Install Complete" screen will show, hit the "OK" button.
10. The installer normally will install the latest CommandMapping.ini files, however due to timing, you may want to check our "Just the Downloads" page for any updated CommandMapping.ini files.