The RealSimGear G1000 PFD and MFD are generally compatible with all
X-Plane aircraft using the Laminar G1000, however many aircraft developers have chosen to further customize the bezel and/or screen contents but have failed to provide for an easy way to pop out the screens so they can be used with RealSimGear hardware.
To address this issue we have developed a plugin that provides a borderless pop-out (no bezel and no title bar) on RealSimGear G1000 hardware units.
Currently this custom Plugin is available for the following aircraft (click on the link to download the Plugin for each aircraft):
- Carenado Cessna 172 Skyhawk G1000 v1.2
- Carenado Cessna 182 G1000 v1.2
- Carenado Cessna 208 Grand Caravan EX v1.2
- Carenado Cessna 206 G1000
- Carenado Piper Malibu Meridian v1.2
- Just Flight Archer TX G1000
- Thranda Quest Kodiak v2.0
- RWDesigns Cessna Citation Mustang
- Aerobask Diamond DA-62
- These Plugins work on the Windows version of both X-Plane 11.41 as well as 11.50(as of beta 9) (Mac Coming in the future).
- These Plugins REQUIRE the use of the RealSimGear Plugin, version 22.214.171.124 or better to properly function.
- These Plugins will REQUIRE the presence of at least one RealSimGear G1000 hardware unit, or the plugin will NOT work. Additionally that G1000 must be running firmware 3.1.4 (soon we will have a new Plugin version that also allows for the older firmware to work), The firmware update instructions can be found HERE article, but use THIS link for the firmware download portion rather than what is in the update instructions.
Unzip the 'rsg_pop' folder to the plugins folder found inside the aircraft folder.
Start X-Plane and load the aircraft. Pop out the PFD and MFD screens using the RSG Popups menu.
Drag the PFD and MFD windows over to the RealSimGear PFD and MFD screens, then maximize the window to fill the screen.
Now, right-click and hold the right mouse button down anywhere on the PFD window for around 2-5 seconds until you see the confirmation message at the upper left side of your screen. You will also hear a verbal message. Repeat on the MFD.
Reload the aircraft to see the changes. The location of the PFD and MFD will be saved after X-Plane is re-started.